Peppermint Bath Salts

Saturday, December 7, 2019



Looking for a thoughtful yet inexpensive gift?  Try making these!

All you need are a few items, a few minutes and a voila-  you've made a great gift!

What you'll need:

  • Epsom Salts
  • Peppermint Essential Oil
  • Red Food Coloring
  • Kerr Wide Mouth Half Pint Jars


In small bowl, mix together 1 cup Epsom Salt and 4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil.  Stir well

In separate small bowl, mix together 1 cup Epsom Salt,  4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil, and 6 to 8 drops Red Food Coloring, depending on how dark you want it.    Stir well. 

Carefully spoon the mixture into the jar starting with the red layer.  Tap it down before adding a layer of white.  Tap that down and continue to layer until your jar is full.

These make wonderful gifts.  I give them to my parent volunteers at Christmas time as a small thank you for all their hard work helping in the classroom.  

Don't forget about yourself!  I always put any leftover salt into a large Mason jar and I keep it next to my bath tub.  I can't tell you how wonderful it is to treat myself to a relaxing, detoxifying soak after a long day teaching kindergarten. 

You can use this recipe to make many different scents too, just change the Essential Oil and adjust the coloring if necessary.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top