Currently September 2014

Monday, September 1, 2014
I'm linking up with Farley for her Currently post.  It's fun to see where everyone is at this point in the year.  We are all just starting school and have the full year ahead of us.  So, here is where I am currently...





Listening: I'm currently listening to my 16 year old's favorite band. (We just went to their concert last week.)   Luckily I really like their music.

Loving: I love my coworkers!  I work with an amazing group of people. I teach at an all kindergarten school and there is a lot of collaboration between all of the teachers.  We all like and respect each other so you can imagine the amazing things that everyone brings to the table.  And the support staff at my school are wonderful too!  I can't think of a better place to work at.

Thinking: School starts tomorrow so I'm wondering what my kiddos will be like this year.  I always get a bit nervous on the first day. I'm looking forward to meeting my kinders and their parents as we start the school year together.  I invite the parents to join us for a fun first day project.

Wanting: I really, really, really want to get rid of all of the carpet in my house and put in hardwood flooring.  I have pets- enough said.

Needing: Now that school is starting, I could use a cook and a maid.  (Couldn't we all?)

3 Trips: None of those trips are in my near future, but a girl can dream.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'm off to blog hop before getting a good night's sleep. (hopefully)


8 comments:

  1. Wow, an all Kindergarten school. How many classes do you have? My school is school and we only have 2 kindergarten classes. I also agree on needing a cook and a maid. It would definitely help.

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We currently have 8 classrooms, but we've had years where we needed 12 teachers! All the kids in my district come to my school for kindergarten then they go to their home school for 1-5th grades, then they meet up again in middle school. It's pretty cool.

      Delete
  2. Oh I want hardwood flooring too!!!! My old house used to have it. I found you through Farley's link up. You have a great looking blog BTW
    Sandra

    www.savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I got my blog professionally designed this summer and I love it! BTW I'm following your blog- keep me updated on the strike.

      Delete
  3. An all kindergarten school! How FUN! I am the only K teacher at my school! I cannot even imagine what an ALL K school is like!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An all K school is magical. Our playground is designed for our age of children, the salad bar is low so they can reach it, and we teachers get to collaborate every week. It's pretty cool.

      Delete
  4. Have a super fun first day!!

    We have hardwood and I like it because it is easy to clean, but you can also see every little bit, so I end up sweeping a lot...which I guess is a good thing, but sometimes (not very often, but sometimes) I wish I just couldn't see it. But animal stuff is frustrating!

    ~Sarah
    FCS and Then Some

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your first day! I love your trips you listed....keep dreamin'... you never know!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top