Frightfully Fun Halloween Party

Saturday, November 1, 2014
Teaching Kindergarten is always fun.  One of my favorite days of the year is Halloween.  The kids spend the whole month talking about their costumes, changing their minds, then finally settling on the perfect costume.  My school has a costume parade and I love to see all the cute, clever and scary costumes the kids pick.

Later that day, we have a Halloween party in our classroom.  We are allowed two parties a year so I choose Halloween and Valentine's Day.

If you are looking for some fun activities, here is what I do in my classroom.  We have a Cookie Decorating station, a Witch Hat Ring Toss station, a Candy Corn Bingo station, a Ghost Bowling station, a Touch It If You Dare station, a Spider Hat station, and a Dem Bones station.

At the cookie station we use unfrosted sugar cookies from the grocery store.  We ask the bakery department to mix up bright colored frosting in orange, green, black and purple and use popsicle sticks and sprinkles to frost and decorate.  You will need Bag of Bones Cheetos for the Dem Bones station.

This year we didn't make the Spider Hats because that parent volunteer was home with a sick child, so there is no picture of that.  I post a sign up sheet for supplies and volunteers and I make do with whatever we get.  If the supplies and/or volunteers don't come in, then we just don't have that station.

(If you like the activities below- click on the photo and a link will take you to the original website where I got the activity)









The kids have so much fun on Halloween.  Between the parade and the party, they say that it is "the best day ever!"  We make sure to say "Thank You!" to all of our fantastic parent helpers.  Without them, we wouldn't be able to have this fabulous and frighteningly fun Halloween party.

I hope this gives you some fun ideas for your next Halloween Bash.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top